Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My "artistic father": Heinrich Kley


Heinrich Kley has a fabulously loopy style, scribbling and slashing his way into my heart. Uninhibited by traditional standards, his illustrations depict fantastic scenes of common place people doing not so common place things. His imagination seems to root from either a wonderful drug trip or a bad dream: either way, this artist steps outside the boundaries of normal ink drawing and into another realm of its own.
I draw alot of inspiration Kley because I too have a very loose style of drawing, though I'm light years away from the technical genius Kley has developed. The world he depicts is one I hope to incorporate into my own: a reality of playful lines and comic actions. Kudos to Kley, master of the pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment